There is truly something magic about writing down my goal, then watching it materialize as I take step after step toward it. For me, practicing forms of folk magic is a huge part of my goal setting process. In this blog, I’ll teach you six ways to incorporate your wisdom, magic, and spirituality into your goal setting and your daily life.
Folk magic is sometimes confused with witchcraft. From my perspective, the two are very different. Folk magic links to animism and the belief that everything has a spirit. Personally I don’t resonate with the word witch. In fact, in a dream I received a message from one of my guides: “You are not a witch. You are a priestess.”
Get the Goal Formula & Roadmap!
Use this quick 6-step plan to focus your energy so that you can take inspired action to achieve your goals with the support of the unseen realms.
The original definition of witch is:
- A woman thought to have magic powers, especially evil ones, popularly depicted as wearing a black cloak and pointed hat and flying on a broomstick.
- A follower or practitioner of Wicca or of modern witchcraft.
- An ugly or unpleasant woman.
- A girl or woman who is bewitchingly attractive.
Whereas, the definition of a Priestess is: A woman with religious duties and responsibilities.
This is more accurate for me, and for our community because we do have spiritual duties. We have a responsibility to incorporate our womanly wisdom into our work, and to lay our gifts out on the table for our communities. The responsibility is to contribute to our part in weaving the big dream.
Here are some of the ways that we can weave magic into our goals and daily work:
- Work with the moon’s cycles to set your goals and achieve them. When we align ourselves with the energies and cycles of the natural world, we send a message to the unseen forces that we are ready to co-create with them. We also open channels in the psyche to receive information and messages from the spirit world. Learn more about working with the cycles of the moon here.
- Journal to uncover your unconscious and increase the probability of your goals coming true. Write down your dreams, insights, curiosities, and reflections in your journal so that you can synchronize the messages that are coming through. In other words, take yourself symbolically instead of literally. Your unconscious has the ability to drive the bus of your life if you’re unaware of it. To work with your unconscious, explore your unconscious societal and familial conditioning; your unconscious thoughts and beliefs; and all the ways that you react and respond to situations without having choice.
- Meditate Allow yourself to become a witness to the chatter of the mind. Eventually we are able to quiet the mind and create space for creativity and new connections within the brain. It has been said that meditation is listening to the Divine, and prayer is speaking to the Divine. You might find that once you start your meditation practice, new ideas, inspirations, and insights begin to come through. Learn more about meditation here.
- Examine your thoughts and beliefs Every so often, sit down with your journal and take an inventory of the thoughts that you notice come up incessantly. What patterns and loops has your brain created? Make an art of thinking. The master thinker is an artist and careful only to paint divine designs upon the canvas of his mind. Paints these pictures with masterly strokes of power and decision. Right thinking brings heaven on earth.
- Vision. The difference between visualizing and visioning is this: Visualizing is a mental process governed by reasoning and the conscious mind. Meanwhile, visioning is a spiritual process governed by intuition or the superconscious mind. Train your mind to receive flashes of inspiration and insight. Record these in your journal.
- Prayer and affirmations When you “cast your burdens” to the Divine, you can allow your mind to let go of spinning on finding a solution and trust that the issue will be resolved by your Divine Committee, the team of angels and guides that is working on your behalf in the other realms. For example, when you notice that your mind is trying to figure out a problem, or when you begin to feel anxious or nervous about a situation, decide to let go. You can say, “I now let God/Goddess juggle the situation.” “God is always on time.” “Every person is a link in the chain of my good.” “I cast my burden of _______ on the Infinite Spirit within and I go free.” “Infinite Spirit, reveal to me the way. Let me know if there is anything for me to do, under grace in a perfect way.” “Infinite Spirit, open the way for my right ______. I give thanks it now manifests under grace in a perfect way.” Learn more about prayer here.
Remember: Growth and evolution are part of being a human. There is nowhere to “get.” Rather, it’s a continuous life long adventure of discovering your depth.